Friday, August 5, 2016

Back in the Game


Since retiring in October, 2014, my wife and I retired and moved to a brand new home in the Esplanade development of Lakewood Ranch near Sarasota, Florida.  And I decided a bit back to start up again with my blog.


Ca' d'Zan



This is a highlight of Sarasota.  Called Ca' d'Zan (which is Venetian for House of John) this is the mansion of John & Mable Ringling of Ringling Bros. Circus fame.  It sits right on the Sarasota Bay and have fantastic views of the bay and the Gulf of Mexico beyond.  There is an art museum on the grounds hold a very good collection of mostly European art.  Turns out John Ringling became a very good, knowledgeable art collector. Mable Ringling also built a wonderful garden and grounds. There is also a very interesting circus museum there, as well.

I worked on this in Photoshop (of course) using a couple of plugins: Nik HDR Efex Pro and Topaz Clarity.  I also cropped it a bit to get ride of unwanted tourists. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment